Friday, February 6, 2009

Healthy Valentines Day Recipes & Ideas!!

On February 14th, girls all over the country are showered with presents, candy and of course that romantic dinner for two. I admit it, in years past I'm totally guilty of going out and getting that tiramisu after dinner and completely enjoying being spoiled for the day. This year I still will enjoy being spoiled for the day, but that doesnt mean that I need to spoil my diet and exercise system. You can still stick to your diet while having a lovely time.<3>

Boys and girls: give flowers instead of candy. They're fragrant, beautiful, and will probably last the same amount of time as the chocolates! Single ladies, buy yourself flowers!

Here's another thing to think about...make a scavenger hunt for their presents! Who doesnt like adventure of searching for clues and treasure? Make em' work for it!


Here;s a site that you can go to for some awesome Valentine's day Recipes and morehttp://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/collections/healthy_valentines_day_recipes.html



Also, here's some of my own ideas for you and your significant other!



Breaky in Bed!

You can make or buy waffles/pancakes and even cut them so they're heart shaped. But here's where it get's a little healthier. If you make them by scratch, use only egg white. ( same with if you make anything with eggs) This is the good part, instead of that sugary maple syrup, use yogurt! Add some fresh fruit on top of it. Yogurt on waffles may sound weird, but give it a try! It's delicious, and a whole lot more nutricious than liquid glucose. Now I know that no one wants to cut out that wonderful dinner for two. Just because you're being healthy, doesnt mean you cant keep the romance going! If you go out, have a salad with dressing on the side (Caesar without croutons is my favourite!) It'll fill you up and still be delicious. Try to look at the healthy options, and stay away from the cheesy, delicious options. For dessert, look at something like frozen yogurt, or fat free options, maybe split it with you're partner!

Being on a diet does not mean being on lockdown from anything tasty. Don't be discouraged if you stray away every once in a while. keep your head up and get back in there!


Happy Valentines day!

<33Anne













3 comments:

  1. I feel like this is a wonderful time to remind people that you can still live and have a good time during the holidays. I thought that the breakfast in bed was yummy idea. I think that using yogurt instead of syrup is a very helpful hint for those watching what they eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend and I would rather do simple, thoughtful presents for eachother than go out and spend a million dollars on something that you may easily brake or lose. I LOVED this post! The breakfast in bed is a great (healthy, too) surprise that will definetly put a smile on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great Valentine's ideas. I hadn't seen this before writing about a similar topic myself. Also, enjoyed the sleep blog. Such an important topic to consider for college students and the rest of us who are sleep deprived! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete