Sunday, February 22, 2009

YMCA & other resources

I realized the other day when i was walking into work at the Westfield Y, there are a lot of classes here that i didnt know i could use before. There were AM cardio classes, circuit training classes, yoga, pilates, boot camp and more, they were at pretty flexible times as well
as for recreational PA there was the 2 pools, raquetball courts, competivite sports like badmitton, and a whole lot more than just treadmills and ellipticals.


I am a person who really does not enjoy treadmills. I mean, I am a BIG fan of Fartlek. So when the instructor told me to run through the labyrinth of hallways to grab a pamphlet and a list of other stuff around the "mansion" i was excited. this was definitely a new, fun twist to working out.

Anne :-D

2 comments:

  1. YES! haha I absolutely love the classes i think they add a new twist to things and the best part is that they're always being changed every couple months so that you're body doesnt get used to the same old routine! And don't be afraid to try new classes you may find something that you love and never thought you would even do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work at the YMCA near me and have gone to differnt ones in the past. They definately have some great classes at a variety of times where ever you go. I had to look up the work fartlek just so you know lol.

    ReplyDelete